JRAC Celebrating 20th Annual Holiday Boat Parade – James River Parade of Lights
Posted by babadmin
The regional James River Advisory Council has set its 20th Annual James River Parade of Lights for Saturday, Dec. 8. Boats decorated with thousands of lights will cruise the James between Richmond and Henrico and Chesterfield counties.
Each year, boaters decorate their vessels and converge on the James River for a boat parade marking the festive holiday season. Spectators will line the shorelines at several viewing sites along the parade route, which runs from Richmond to Henricus Historical Park in Chesterfield County.
If you are interested in participating in the parade, please register your boat by Friday, November 30.
Multiple viewing sites, several of which provide additional entertainment, make it easy for people throughout the region to view this spectacular holiday tradition on the James.
Admission is free to all sites.
- Libby Hill Park, corner of 28th and East Franklin streets, entertainment begins at 4:30 p.m., parade viewing at 6 p.m.
- Intermediate Terminal Dock, Dock and Water streets, parade viewing at 6 p.m.
- Osborne Park and Boat Landing and Boat Landing, 9530 Osborne Turnpike, entertainment begins at 4 p.m., parade viewing 7-7:30 p.m.
- Dutch Gap Boat Landing, 441 Coxendale Road, parade viewing 7:30-7:45 p.m.
- Henricus Historical Park , 251 Henricus Park Road, entertainment begins at 6 p.m., parade viewing 7:45-8 p.m.
Parking is first-come, first-served. For more information, including directions, visit jrac-va.org or call 804-717-6681.
Featured photo attributed to Kevin Cole.